1 Carrot, shredded
1/4 Cabbage, shredded
Spring roll pastry
1 tablespoon salt
Flour, 2 tablespoon
2 tablespoons canola oil (or canola oil spray)
- Fry the shredded carrots first
- Add in the cabbage and stir and salt to taste.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it cook. But be careful not to overcook, we don’t want it too soft.
- Preheat oven around 180 degree.
- Prepare the spring roll pastry. Cut 4 pieces of pastry into quarters.
- Add some water to the flour until it forms a thick paste.
- After the vegetables are cooked, drain excess water out, we need the filling to be quite dry
- Place larger sized square pastry so that you see a diamond shape
- Then place the smaller sized pastry on top so that you see a square shape.
- Place the cooked veges in the small square.
- Fold (1) over veges first, then roll once
- Fold (2), then roll.
- Spoon a little bit of flour paste onto (3).Then roll until the end, and the thick paste would have helped the end to stick nicely.
- Brush some oil onto the spring rolls, then bake until the ends of the rolls begin to turn golden brown and crispy.
This spring roll recipe can be made with tofu, or with other ingredients if you prefer. Brimming with vegetables and lots of flavor, these spring rolls make a great appetizer or party food. And they’re surprisingly easy to make. As a bonus, this spring roll recipe is also fresher and healthier than the spring rolls you’ll find in most restaurants. ENJOY!