I like potato and especially love mashed potato. I believe everyone can make it but today I will introduce you how to make it really nice without extra effort.
4 1/4 Pounds Potato –about 2kg
1Cup Butter (2 sticks) -about 226g
1/2 Package Mascarpone Cheese
3/4 Cup Milk
1 Egg yolk
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Preheat over to 200 degree. Peel and Cut Potato, boil in salted water (2 Table spoon) and cook until tender.
- Cut butter up in pieces, leave in room temperature
- In a large bowl, whisk the mascarpone, egg yolk and milk until well combined.
- Once potato is cooked, drain it extremely well (for 5 minutes).
- Put the cooked potato, butter, salt, black pepper , cayenne in a large bowl.
- Use standard potato masher and mash away. Once done and add in the mascarpone mixture until well mixed.
- Transfer the mash into a baking/casserole bowl, smooth it out and scrap the surface to create peaks & valleys for a crispy texture.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and pop it into over 250 degree for about 20-30 mins, until the top is golden brown.