The irresistible attraction of Gratin has to be its creamy layers of potato and the cheese mozzarella. Just the thought of it is enough to make the mouth water. As the best demonstration of our motto, in our dish today will introduces you the simple ingredients, simple steps, but whipping it all into something palatably extraordinary! Delicious food need not necessarily entail complicated procedures, nor does it mean waiting for a century for that grumbling stomach to be satisfied. Easy steps and you too could produce the absolutely “délicieux” gratin.
Medium sized potatoes, 5, peeled + sliced thin
Mushrooms, 10-15, sliced
Mozzarella cheese, 150g, grated
Fresh cream, 200ml
Salt + pepper, adjustable amount
Paprika, adjustable amount
Vegetable stock (we used vegetarian seasoning mixed with water)
Olive oil, 1T
Bread crumbs, 50g
- Preheat oven to 150℃. Place the potato slices in salt water to remove excess starch. Then drain.
- Add olive oil and butter in a saucepan, when melted, add salt and pepper and saute the mushroom.
- Rub the bottom and sides of the baking dish with butter, then start layering the potatoes.
- Fill the dish 1/3 with potatoes, then layer on the mushrooms.Sprinkle with salt and pepper and mixed herbs.
- Start on the second layer of potatoes and mushroom.Layer with grated mozzarella then sprinkle paprika.
- Third layer of potato goes on now, then pour in the vegetable stock.Pour the fresh cream in evenly distributed.Flavor with salt and pepper and mixed herbs.Spread some more mozzarella on top, then the bread crumbs.
- Cover the dish with foil then bake for 40-45 mins at 180℃.
After 45 mins remove the foil, this is to prevent the breadcrumbs from burning. Bake for another 15 mins or until golden.
Leave it to cool slightly then its all DIGGING IN to the scrumptious creamy gratin!