Tamago means :Egg
2eggs, loosely beaten
1 stalk of celery &bean sprout (personal preference)
4 shitake mushrooms, soaked (or white mushroom, sliced)
2 tablespoons soy sauce or Japanese soy sauce
1 tablespoons sugar
Salt to taste
1/2 cup dashi stock (2 tablespoons mushroom seasoning + 1/2 cup water)
1 bow of warm rice
1/2 cotton tofu, sliced
Corn starch and oil (for deep fry)
- Slice the mushrooms thinly.
- In a frying pan heat the oil on medium heat and fry the mushroom, celery and bean sprout.
- Move the fried veges into a pan and mix with dashi stock.
- Dust tofu in corn starch, place gently and fry them on frying pan.
- Add fried tofu soy sauce, salt and sugar in the dashi stock pan and cook until done on medium heat.
- Pur the beaten eggs on the pan and cook unitl it is done, or semi done, depending on your taste.
- Serve on top of warm rice in bowls.