Agedashi tofu is a traditional Japanese tofu dish. It is not only delicious and also easy to make at home. For whom who would like Japanese cuisines then definitely you cannot miss this one.
2 blocks cotton tofu
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Mirin
1/2 cup of water
Grated Daikon Radish
Potato starch or cornstarch for dusting the tofu pieces
- Heat the oil to a suitable temperature (340-350 degree) for deep-frying in a pot.
- Meanwhile, we can mix soy sauce, sugar,water and Mirin in a sauce pan (flavor adjustable).
- Cut tofu in to cube.
- Prepay a plate with Potato starch or cornstarch to dust tofu.
- Start to deep – fry dusting tofu in the oil pot.
- Until they turn lightly brown then drain on paper towels.
- Place fried tofu in a serving plate and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with grated Daikon Radish and slice seaweed.
- Yes , Agedash tofu is ready to serve