This sweet and sour potatoes is a nice variation to the traditional potato dishes. This dish combines the common western ingredient potatoes with the characteristic oriental sweet and sour flavour It is very delicious for who like to try something different. Today’s Chef Matthew highly recommends you should not miss this one!
3 spoons of wheat starch
Salt to taste
Mushroom seasoning to taste
1/2 bowl black mushroom strips
(about 6 Dry chinese mushroom, sliced can use white mushroom to instead )
1/2 bowl bamboo strips
1 Can Pineapple
2tsp soy sauce
3Tsp Tomato sauce
1tsp White vinegar
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Sesame Oil to taste
- Cut Potatoes into slices and steam for 15 minutes.
- Peel and Cut Potato, boil in salted water (2Table spoon) and cook until tender.
- Add sesame oil, salt and vegetarian seasoning to the mashed potatoes.
- Stir-fry the mushroom strips until aromatic, then add in the bamboo shoot strips, soya sauce, vegetarian seasoning and sugar. Put this aside for later.
- Now for rolling all of it up.
- Place the bamboo rolling mat flat on the table. Cover it with a film of glad wrap then spoon and spread a portion of mashed potatoes evenly over it.
- Put the stir-fried ingredients in the middle of the mashed potato, like how you would for sushi ingredients.
- Roll the bamboo rolling mat up, exert a little bit of pressure while doing so, so it rolls firmly.
- Pan fry the rolls, You will find they taste deliciously like fries.
- Then cut roll into lengths.
- Now for the sauce.
- Heat the pan, then add the capsicum, carrot, pineapple, soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and a bit of water. Simmer until ingredients cooked.
- Now mix the cornstarch thickener with the sauce.
- Pour the sauce onto the potato rolls.
This unique dish combines the best of western and eastern cuisine, a tasty choice for the dinner table.