Today we are introducing to you the fancy restaurant dish, Sweet and Sour.
The mouth-watering flavour is perfect served with rice. Whether it’s for serving guests, or treating
your family to a pleasant surprise, this dish is the one you’re looking for.
This lovely cuisine is often available at the diners, but don’t let that indicate its difficulty. This is a
dish that even newbies may successfully challenge, keep reading and let us show you how.
100 g Soy Protein Vegetarian Meat
1/2 Red Capsicum
3/4 Green Capsicum
7T Tomato Sauce
Tapioca powder/Potato powder
1/2 Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt to taste
- Soak the soy protein vegetarian meat in water until softened. Squeeze the protein dry, then rinse it again, repeat this process for about 3 times. This is to get rid of the soy taste. If the vegetarian meat is too big in size, then dice it to size so that it can soak up the BBQ sauce and tomato sauce later.
- After rinsing, add in a generous amount of BBQ sauce and mix well. Leave it for about 40 mins for the protein to soak up the flavour.
- After this, stir fry until golden and aromatic.
- Cut the capsicums and pineapples into pieces slightly larger than the soy protein because they will shrink when cooked.
- Stir fry the capsicums for a bit then add in the tomato sauce.
- Stir fry for a bit then add in the pineapple.
- Stir a couple of times then add in the soy protein. Make sure not to stir for too long otherwise the tomato sauce will burn.
- Stir well then add in water.
- After water starts to simmer, put on low heat and add in the Yakult.
- Let it simmer for a while then adjust the flavour.
- If you prefer a sourer taste, then squeeze in some fresh lemon juice, if you prefer a sweeter taste then perhaps you will need more tomato sauce.
- After you have got the perfect taste, pour in the tapioca starch mixed with water, this thickens the sauce so the dish is not too runny with rice.