I chose to make the classic apple crumble as it is an easy yet a delicious dish suited for all ages to relish in.
2 red apples
2 green apples
½ cup of Caster sugar
1 ½ cup Flour
- Preheat oven at 180 Celsius.
- Cut up apples into eighths (slices) and spread even over dish.
- Then add half the height of the apples of water into the dish.
- Sprinkle 3 tea spoons of the ½ cup of Caster Sugar onto the apples evenly.
- Then sprinkle a thin layer of oats over the apples, just enough to cover up the water so the mixture of flour and butter does not touch the water.
Next we must make the crumble part.
- Measure one and a half cup of flour and mix 150 grams of butter into it with your hands. To ensure an even mix add little bits of butter at a time.
- Once the texture of the mixture is crumbly, spread evenly over the top of the apples and oats, and pat it down gently.
- Place dish into oven for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.