These curry puffs are fabulous whether hot or cold and perfect for taking to parties or picnics as they travel well.
And If you’re a chilli addict you can add more curry powder to this recipe.
Plain Flour 1kg
Water 1 cup
Salt a little
Potato 2kg, diced
Mixed Veges (if preferred)
Thick soy sauce
- Rub softened butter into flour.
- Add water, a little bit at a time.
- Add a little bit of salt
- Mix well until dough form
- Dice potato and cook until semi soft, then filter out the water.
- Add sufficient oil into pan, when oil has heated add curry powder. Be careful not to burn the curry powder.
- Add in potatoes and flavorings (salt, sugar, thick soy sauce, mushroom seasoning).
- While stirring can add more oil if it gets too dry, we want sticky filling, not dry and crumbly.
- Adjust the taste.
- Leave to cool
Making the Curry Puff
- Cut dough into 4g pieces.
- Use rolling pin to roll into circle shaped pastry.
- Place the filling on one half of the pastry, and fold the other half over it.
- Crimp edges to seal.
- Deep fry until golden brown.