Eggplants appear in different shapes and forms when it comes to cuisines. Some dishes panfry the eggplant, some boil it, and others deep-fry it. And in all the different ways we use eggplants, they each present a unique taste.
Today we’re introducing grilled eggplants accompanied with a Japanese sauce. The simple steps required by this dish make life in the kitchen so much easier.
Check it out!
Soy sauce, 2t
Brown sugar, 1-2t
Tapioca powder, some
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into 3 equal pieces.
- Gently draw crisscrosses on the flat surface area of the eggplant.
- Pan fry both sides of the eggplant for a short while.
- Heat the soy sauce until simmering, then add in the tapioca water (tapioca mixed with water) that acts as thickener.
- Pour the sauce over the pan-fried eggplant then send it into the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Grill until eggplant slices has soaked up all the sauce.